- soft serve | mb post, manhattan beach
- tres | lilly’s taqueria, santa barbara
- tonkotsu ramen | ikemen, hollywood
- mackerel tartine | gorge charcuterie & wine bar, weho
- starters | stonehill tavern, dana point
- paella night | chez amina
- pre-t lunch | gjelina, venice
- oooohmakaze | shunji, los angeles
- bitty bites
- ganjang gaejang | soban, los angeles
Monthly Archives: September 2011
Albacore sashimi + Hawaiian papaya + onion + cilantro + orange-ginger puree Soft shell crab + jalepeno + lobster + gribiche Crispy Berkshire pork belly + carrot + daikon + cilantro + mint Rabbit roulade + bacon + mushrooms + apples … Continue reading
Last night, I was told that my latest batch of brownies tasted “Indian,” which makes sense, since I sprinkled in a heaping teaspoon of ground cardamom, a super aromatic Indian spice that infused my chocolate squares with a warm, resinous, … Continue reading
… especially melty-melty dark chocolate ones!
Eggs + bonito flakes + ham + green onions + mushrooms + red bell pepper + colby cheese Topped off with kewpie mayo and katsu sauce. Breakfast for dinner!
Tonight I made prosciutto-wrapped figs stuffed with aged blue cheese & honey.
Kara-age chicken (Level 2) Spicy ramen Tonkotsu (pork bone) ramen Ken, Jin, Dave, Alex and I headed to Culver City to check out the newly opened Ramen Yamadaya for lunch. The tonkotsu broth was rich, milky, meaty and unctuous, with each … Continue reading
Anchovy garlic butter + aged provolone + local greens + toasted Acme bread I do love a good egg salad sando. And what a great idea to serve one warm and open-faced.
Sometimes it’s worth taking the long way home